Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Pop of Stripe





Dress: French connection via TJ Maxx;Vest:Calvin Klein via TJ Maxx; Boots: Tommy Hilfiger

When discussing a particular outfit, I am sure that you have come across the term "pop of color" at some point. It is a phrase that is commonly used to describe a seemingly monochromatic outfit, with the addition of one singular piece containing a color that stands out, or "pops out", if you will.

With that being said, the same can hold true for a print/pattern contained in a particular piece within your outfit. That is where my title for this post comes in- "A Pop of Stripe." Being that the primary color in this particular outfit is black, I wanted to add an element to liven it up a bit, so that it wasn't too boring for my taste. Since I do not wear stripes too often, I wanted to keep the remainder of the outfit fairly simple,  instead of mixing and matching prints/patterns, which some people like to play around with.

So, next time you are picking out your outfit for the day, choose a pop of print or pattern in order to add some excitement to your look!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top