Saturday, September 20, 2014

NYFW








Well New York Fashion Week has been over for more than a week now, and I am happy to say that I was given the chance to be involved in it.  Through my school, The Fashion Institute of Technology, the students were given the opportunity to sign up to volunteer at shows that were being showcased at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York.  I, along with a few of my friends, waited on a huge line for several hours overnight, in order to guarantee that we would be given a volunteer slot. Luckily, after approximately 15 hours of suspense, I found out that I was going to be volunteering for Malan Breton's show, who was previously a contestant on Project Runway.  My task durng the show was to help out backstage, which involved setting up the models' garments, dressing the models, and putting the finishing touches on the looks that were to be presented at the show.  After all of the models were ready to walk, I was able to stand on the side of the stage and watch the show.  Malan Breton's collection was incredible and it was so cool to be able to see all of the details up close.   From being backstage, I was in the midst of all of the action, and it was really exciting to see what actually happens before a show is presented on the runway.  It was such an incredible experience and I am still in shock that I actually got the chance to be part of something so amazing as it.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top